With more than 17,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership-development organization, providing unparalleled access to issue-resolution and better performance through monthly peer-advisory groups, one-on-one business coaching, expert-speaker presentations, and extensive online connectivity via articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
Today, Vistage International and its affiliates operate in 15 countries. Members meet in small, professionally-facilitated and process-driven groups every month to help one another make better decisions, achieve better results, and become better leaders. They’re also connecting and learning by collaborating online, tapping into a vast content library, and applying the expertise of hundreds of top industry speakers. Simply stated, Vistage is instrumental in helping its members to figure out what to do and to actually do what they must to get their companies to “the next level” of growth and success.
Vistage-member companies generate more than $300 billion in annual revenues and employ approximately over two million employees around the world. Studies have shown that Vistage-member companies outperform their competitors and, on average, grow their revenues at three times the percentage growth rate after joining Vistage. Consequently, Vistage enjoys extraordinary high membership retention, attendance and tenure rates. And Vistage continues to grow its membership, expand internationally, build its brand, and leverage technology.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about our rich history, our unique programs, our bright future, and our values of Trust, Caring, Challenge and Growth.
Come join our team. We’re very excited to meet you!
Just send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please write Network Manager in the subject line.
Vistage’s IT team based in San Diego develops and supports a wide range of enterprise business systems for our staff, field operations, partners and members – with an emphasis on portals, social networks and online meeting tools, we blend tier 1 cloud apps with OTS and customized on-premise systems to support the Vistage community 24×7. Working in a highly virtualized environment across two datacenters the System team focuses on high availability web hosting, production support, infrastructure integration, network operations, security and telecoms.
- As the manager of our IT Systems team you will lead a small group of experienced infrastructure engineers and DBAs, responsible for all datacenter operations and back office infrastructure. The team provides 24×7 monitoring and production support, maintains existing services and tests, deploys and operates new infrastructure to support our global business. You will manage engineers and system administrators with expertise including servers and SAN storage, telecoms, messaging, virtualization, Microsoft and Linux platforms, security and integration systems and databases.
- As our senior network engineer you will manage all aspects of connectivity within and between our sites, including switching, routing, network layer security, caching and optimization. You will be accountable for metrics including network availability, performance and quality. As an experienced network architect you will oversee the ongoing operation of our global network, including its design, monitoring, maintenance and growth. You will manage key infrastructure vendor relationships, research and recommend vendor and service changes, and be responsible for project managing their implementation.
- As a network operations expert you will establish and maintain trust in our infrastructure, comprehensively monitor its normal operation, be the first to know when something breaks and run a team trained to quickly diagnose and recover from production issues. You will be responsible for infrastructure change management and configuration control, contingency planning and root cause analysis reporting.
- Responsible for completing other work requirements or tasks that are requested by management when necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the department or company
- 5+ years maintaining and supporting a multisite network, including internet connectivity and services. Experience with Juniper routing, switching and security products is strongly preferred. You should have extensive experience in an operations role including risk and change management, leading incident response and prior experience managing senior engineers or sysadmins.
- Must have deep expertise and experience with the configuration of enterprise network platforms including dynamic routing, QoS, VPNs, WAN, caching and load balancing, firewalls, IDS, WAF etc. You must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues from the physical to application layers and be comfortable with packet capture and analysis.
- Although not your primary areas of expertise you should be familiar with server infrastructure technologies including virtualization and SAN, Microsoft Active Directory, Linux platforms, SQL server and be confident leading a team of expert engineers; hands-on sysadmin experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a deep understanding of all aspects of network performance, and the skills to identify and resolve performance issues in both internal infrastructure and in services provided by outside vendors.
- You must be able to design and analyze complex architectures, communicate and illustrate strengths, weaknesses and risks in design to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
Flexible; team leader and mentor; organized; independent; strategic and analytical; expert; detail-oriented; effective communicator; creative and lively intellect; appropriate sense of urgency; calm and composed; ability to learn new skills particularly technology; risk aware; intuitive troubleshooter.
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, vendor certifications and/or experience.